On 25th-27th October 2018, New Delhi will play host to the ultimate digital technology and telecommunications event of the year: India Mobile Congress 2018. The gala event is being organized at Aerocity and is being hailed as a landmark event for the ICT and TMT fields in Asia and South Asia.
The second India Mobile Congress has been designed around the theme ‘New Digital Horizons: Connect, Create, Innovate’. The 2018 IMC has been planned with the vision of bringing together global business and political leaders, brands, entrepreneurs, sponsors, exhibitors, enthusiasts, media persons and consumers. Just as modern technology has made the world a global village and brought people together, the goal of IMC 2018 is to inspire greater communication and connections between people.
The emphasis this year is on future technologies, how they will shape the world and what more can be expected from digital communication technologies. Participants, guests and visitors will have an opportunity to discuss current and future technologies such as as AI, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Smart Cities, Robotics and IoT. The idea behind the India Mobile Congress is to create a platform that fosters global cooperation, development and progress. In the spirit of moving towards tomorrow, a key topic at the 2018 India Mobile Congress is going to be that of Intelligent Transport.
What Are Intelligent Transport Systems?
The phrase ‘intelligent transport system’ essentially refers to any technology, application or platform that helps make transport systems and experiences better. The idea is to identify and apply innovative solutions and techniques across different types of transport to be able to guarantee commuters safe, accessible and efficient transport choices. The goal is to create transport networks that are well coordinated and manage traffic well, identify problems as they arise and inform solutions and keep commuters in the loop so that people can make smart choices on the move. At the India Mobile Congress 2018 experts will discuss the evolution of transport systems and the practicality, benefits, challenges and applications of intelligent transport systems.
The technologies behind intelligent transport systems vary from place to place and application to application. From navigation systems in personal-use cars to sensor networks that communicate on a large scale with all the sensor-fitted vehicles traveling along a route, the purpose at hand informs the nature of the technology used. Intelligent transport systems are heavily reliant on wireless communication technologies and RFID radio wave technologies. Artificial Intelligence is at the core of intelligent transport systems since the entire concept is defined by the systems’ ability to collect, collate, interpret, analyse, categorize, communicate and apply the information they receive from different transport vehicles and networks.
Applications Of Intelligent Transport Systems
Some of the ways in which intelligent transport systems can be used are:
• To identify and advise about traffic congestion, traffic jams and alternative routes.
• To inform travelers about traffic accidents on their route.
• To monitor and inform regarding weather conditions and their potential impacts on transport.
• To redirect traffic if needed.
• Fleet monitoring and management.
• Electronic Toll Collection for faster, more efficient automated toll systems.
• To keep a track of public transport services, their schedules, availability, accessibility status, delays, seat availability, etc., so that commuters may make informed choices.
• Monitoring implementation and obedience of traffic regulations and laws; data may be used to identify loopholes in existing systems and to design more effective laws/ implementation strategies.
• Improved shipping and delivery systems for industries and businesses reliant on transportation systems.
• The in-vehicle e-Call systems can be used in cases of emergencies to reach the nearest e-Call station and secure assistance. Calls can contain both voice communication and a data set transmitted directly to help locate the vehicle needing assistance.
• To measure and map carbon emissions and inform more sustainable practices.
• To identify traffic violations through mechanisms such as the Red Light Cameras embedded in pavements that record law-breaking activity such as jumping traffic lights.
• To regulate freeway traffic through ramp meters that allow/pause new vehicles from entering the freeways depending on the existing load and pace.
• Enhanced safety and efficiency for those working in/ closely with transportation industries.
• For route planning and navigation programs.
• Greater coordination between all stakeholders: those monitoring systems, traffic management officials and regulators, commuters, drivers, emergency assistance services, policymakers, automotive industry professionals, passengers, pedestrians, etc.
• To monitor, promote and administer the use of self-driving cars and driverless vehicles as smart travel becomes a mainstream reality.
The 2018 India Mobile Congress will include a panel discussion on the topic ‘Intelligent Transport – Evolving Transportation Models’. The conference will be held on 25th October 2018 between 16:30 and 17:30 hours at Hall B of the India Mobile Congress. Panelists include Mr. Rahil Ansari, Head of Audi India, Mr. Soumitra Bhattacharya, MD &President of the Bosch Group India, representatives from Nokia and Ericsson, Mr. Kookhyum Shim, CEO & MD of KIA Motors India, Mr. Rodolfo Dominguez, Chief Digital Officer of Mercedes Benz India, Mr. Raman Kumar Sharma/ Mr. Arun Pratap Singh, Director of Honda Cars India and Mr. Vikram Pahwah, MD of BMW India.
The India Mobile Congress 2018 will incorporate conferences, debates, discussions, speeches, conclaves, exhibitions, launches, contests and more. If you want to be a part of the change, log onto www.indiamobilecongress.com and register for IMC 2018 today. Come learn more about intelligent transport, smart travel and self-driving cars.