On October 25th-27th 2018, New Delhi, India, will play host to the grandest South Asian technology and telecommunications event. The India Mobile Congress 2018 is the second edition of the event, following through on its resounding success last year and coming back with bigger, better and brighter plans. IMC 2018 will be held at Aerocity and is going to be a hub for all kinds of discussions, debates, exhibitions and stalls, policy planning and announcements, new gadget and technology launches, immersive experience centers, lectures and conferences, media panels and more. And yet, one of the most exciting prospects of the event is going to be the APPRIZE.
South Asia’s Largest Digital Technologies Destination
The Grand Inauguration of IMC 2018 is going to be chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and will also be attended by Minister for Communications Shri Manoj Sinha and other government officials. The 2018 India Mobile Congress will be attended by industry leaders, government representatives, international commissions, international partner delegations, global CXOs, businesses and brands, startups and entrepreneurs, advertisers, investors and sponsors, tech gurus and telecom experts, consumers and buyers.
From 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), M2M and AI to robotics, Augment Reality (AR), smart cities and driverless cars, the 2018 India Mobile Congress is going to bring people, technologies, inventions and media together and celebrate a shared passion for all things related to technology, telecommunications and the Internet. It’s going to be a platform for exciting new launches, invigorating discussions, user-driven policy changes, networking opportunities and collaborations.
APPrize: The 1k Apps Challenge
And if all this isn’t reason enough to book your spot at the 2018 India Mobile Congress yet, this little nugget might just change your mind: the 2018 IMC is going to host APPrize- the biggest apps challenge/ competition of its kind. As South Asia’s grandest digital technology platform, IMC 2018 is going to give app designers a chance to showcase their creations in front of a tailor-made audience of enthusiasts and experts.
APPrize is the 2018 IMC’s 1k Apps Challenge: the best 1000 apps that are selected will be launched during IMC 2018 in front of millions of people comprising industry leaders, government delegations, exhibitors, speakers, brands and businesses, top CXOs, tech pundits and buyers. And that’s not all: with a media presence of over 1000 international media members, the app launch is going to be broadcast to billions of interested parties all over the world. The opportunity for reaching out to a global audience of clients, customers, collaborators, investors and mentors is unparalleled.
The IMC 2018 APPrize challenge will be aimed at discovering the best app-based solutions for 20 problem statements and 5 key themes. The IMC 2018 theme is “New Digital Horizons. Connect, Create, Innovate”. The goal is to make technology more accessible, affordable and applicable than ever before. And in keeping with this spirit, the following 5 themes for the APPrize challenge have been designed:
1. Empowerment/ Access to Services
• Digital Inclusion – For individuals as well as Enterprises, the online presence for local businesses
• Skill Development / Training / Mobile based Edu-Tech
• Mobile-based Agritech
• Disaster Management – (Rescue, Recovery, Relief)
• App for the Department of Telecom – Taking consumer-focused initiatives to people; Access to policy documents, notifications
2. Enhancing the User Experience
• Social Media – Greater ease of use and accessible platforms
• Travel & Tourism
• Enriched Content for the Mobile Consumer – Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
3. FinTech/ Artificial Intelligence
• Economic growth + Livelihood improvement through a mobile device
• Financial inclusion – mBanking Services
• Apps for AI and data analytics – B2B solutions
• M-Commerce (M-retail)
• Blockchain Solutions
4. Networks of the Future
• Telecom Standards – Access to latest technology updates/developments – ITU / IEEE / Others
• Network Diagnostic Tools / Services
• Cybersecurity – Making devices/data safer over networks
• Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions (including 5G use cases)
5. Smart Cities/ Smart Enterprises
• Improving access to healthcare services & sanitation
• Solutions for a smart and sustainable city – clean energy, eco-friendly, connectivity
• Logistics / Supply Chain Solutions for Enterprises
Interested in participating? Can’t wait to show us your APPsolutely awesome apps? Get clicking right away. Log onto www.indiamobilecongress.com and register today. Follow IMC 2018 updates for the latest news on the Indian Mobile Congress 2018 and the soon-to-be-announced prizes for the APPprize challenge. The last day for app submissions is 15th September 2018 so be sure to send in your entry in time. For more information, get in touch with the team at email@example.com and our experts will help you address any questions or concerns you might have. Good luck and may the best app win!